Hiring an interior decorator allows you to redesign and optimise your interior without having to undergo major works. Since 2006, our interior decorators in Marseille are helping you improve your interior’s style and atmosphere, pick the right furniture and colours and rethink the distribution of your space.
Why should you hire an interior decorator?
A fresh look at your interior
- Benefit from the expertise of an interior decorator (also called “interior designer”) to bring new perspectives and a professional look to your interior.
- Learn about potential improvements to make your interior brighter, more practical and more comfortable. For example, placing a sofa in front of a window or in a corner can have a crucial influence on brightness or flow.
- Get the confidence you need to make bold decoration decisions. Your decorator is working as a coach that helps you define your interior style. Have you been dreaming of having a bright living room wall, but hesitate on which colour to pick or which wall? Your interior decoration specialist will be able to confirm the best location and the ideal colour.
- Get unique style ideas. Your decorator helps you create the decor that is right for you and could even make you go beyond your current taste. For example, if you like vintage style and design items, an interior decorator could find a unique armchair to dress up a room.
Optimising your space without any heavy works
- Improve the brightness in your apartment in Marseille without undergoing significant works. For example, creating a glass wall can brighten a windowless room.
- Optimise your furniture distribution to save space: storage, cupboards, built-in furniture... Your space will be better distributed and organised.
- Rethink lighting. By placing light sources in the right spot, you can completely transform the atmosphere of your living room.
- Make everything more practical. Create a new corridor for better flow, mount a sliding door, place your armchair to maximise space… This type of optimisation can contribute to you and your visitor’s wellbeing.
Pick your decoration
- Get the best advice on choosing interior decoration that best matches colours, patterns, materials and textiles, and harmonise furniture and accessories to create a unique style.
- Be creative while avoiding faux-pas when choosing colours and materials. Your decorator will know exactly how to reveal potential of your apartment or house in Marseille.
- Benefit from discounts whenever possible. Your decorator is connected to many suppliers and decorators that give access to pro rates. They will also put you in touch with skilled craftsmen that match your decoration budget.
- As part of an eco-responsible and ethical project, they can also help you find vintage or antique furniture in flea markets, antique shops or thrift shops.
Commercial & Retail Decoration / Space storytelling
Interior decorators can contribute in a meaningful way when redecorating commercial spaces: offices, shops, restaurants, hotels or any other commercial space open to the public.
Beyond a simple decoration of your space (office, shop, hotel, etc.), the interior decorator creates a real visual story in order to make it unique.
Working with an interior decorator in Marseille
Step 1: Meeting your designer - Project draft
- The first meeting with your interior decorator is an opportunity to look at your home in Marseille through the eyes of an expert and reveal the potential of your interior through furniture and decor.
- The interior decorator pays attention to your lifestyle and your preferences in terms of interior decoration, furniture and lighting in order to create an ambiance that suits you.
- They will be able to immediately grasp the potential of your interior for enhancement/optimisation: lightning, colour choices, potential decoration purchases (furniture, mirrors, textiles, carpets).
- At the end of this first visit, the interior decorator will share suggestions on the spot and send you a cost estimate for the study of your interior decoration project.
- You may need to discuss several times with your decorator. Once their initial advice has been shared, you can decide to continue with specifications for the decoration project (Step 2) within the framework of a mission contract (fees and stages of the project) which will be communicated to you.
Step 2: Specifying your interior decoration project
- Your decor expert defines the style of your new interior using storyboards. You will see unique and innovative suggestions to redefine the style of your interior.
- You’ll also get custom visual elements (layout plan, drawings, sketches or 3D views), as well as tint and material samples.
- The interior decorator helps you search for new furniture (chairs, tables, armchairs, sofas, cupboards, shelves, etc.), decorative accessories (curtains, mirrors, rugs, lighting, etc.) and/or floor and wall material (wooden floors, tiles, wallpaper, paint).
- At the end of this study, the interior designer sends you a cost estimate of the for the project (estimate shared for information only).
- At this stage, you can decide to contine working with your decorator for the execution stage. In this case, they will supervise the execution of your project and the different stakeholders/suppliers.
Step 3: Supervising craftsmen, managing shopping and set up
- The interior decorator is your trusted contact to monitor the work of craftsmen and follow up with them throughout the entire execution.
- You can trust your decorator to handle all orders management and furniture deliveries.
- The decorator can be your personal shopper while you go shopping for decoration in showrooms and furniture shops. Usually, furniture is selected beforehand according to your taste to make the best use of your time.
- Once the interior works are done and furniture has been delivered, the decorator can control the results and help you finalize details in a last meeting.
- The interior designer can put you in touch with qualified and insured craftsmen selected in their network.They can submit your project to them so they visit your home to evaluate the work needed to execute your decoration project.
- The interior decorator will supervise the execution of the works.
- Their goal is to ensure the success of your project and correct execution within deadlines. Meetings will be organised regularly to keep you updated about the progress until delivery.
- In order to finalise your new decoration, they visit specialised design shops with you to pick furniture, decorative accessories, textiles and plants. You will be able to finetune choices and buy final items.
- Once the layout works have been completed and the furniture has been received, the final layout can be set up with the decorator during a final meeting.
Fees for interior decoration services VAT ex
Step 1: Meeting your designer - Project draft
80 € / heure
Step 2: Specifying your interior decoration project (by tier)
|Surface ⩽ 40 m²||From 70€ / m²|
|Between 41 and 80 m²||60 € / m²|
|Between 81 and 120 m²||50 € / m²|
|Between 121 and 240 m²||40 € / m²|
|Surface ⩾ 241 m²||Contact us|
Step 3: Supervising craftsmen, managing shopping and set up (by tier)
|Under 100 000 € of total works budget||9 % of total works budget|
|Between 100 000 € and 200 000 €||8 % of total works budget|
|More than 200 000 €||7 % of total works budget|
You are free to use the decoration services for as many steps as you want/need, and without any engagement.
Without doing any works, the decorator/interior designer can also recommend a new arrangement of your furniture and decoration in order to upgrade the decoration of your apartment thanks to a simple interior makeover/decoration coaching.